Monday, October 25, 2010

Chris

Last Monday my older brother Chris was diagnosed with colon cancer. He went to the emergency room on October 16, with pain in his abdomen. The er couldn't find anything so they sent him home, He went back to the er the next day and after doing some tests they assumed that he had appendicitis. After an MRI they realized he had a mass near his colon and when they went in for surgery found cancer. It has been an emotional week. I have never been far away from my family when something happens. It is hard for me not to be able to go and be there with Chris. This has made me miss my family so much. I know this is where we are suppsoed to be but it doesn't make it any easier. I love my family so much and I am so grateful for all of them. I am so thankful that he has so many people there with him.

4 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Tami, I'm so sorry to hear this about your brother. My prayers are with you.

Aimee said...

Totally understand! Really puts into percpective the important things in life. xoxo

Helena said...

Oh Tami, I am so sorry. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

Now you and your other siblings have to be sure and get tested 10 years before the recommended test age, so when you are around 40.

T.A.G said...

wow, I am sorry sweetie.. I know how it is to live so far away from your family. However it just makes the bond a bit stronger. I have always loved your family.. hopefully Ill be able to visit you all some day soon!
Ann