Thursday, May 1, 2008

WHAT?







Last night as I was changing S's diaper I noticed some spots on her arms and her belly. I thought nothing of it until I changed her clothes for bed and there were a whole lot more spots and this time they were everywhere. My first thought was chicken pox, but then I took a closer look and there were all sorts of different sizes of spots some small some big. Needless to say I started to freak out. I couldn't get a hold of my doctor so I put some hydracortisone cream on her before she went to bed and thought hopefully by morning they are gone. When she woke up there were more, and to top it all off her wrists were swollen, red and hard. I freaked out again and decided I needed to take her to the doctor. I took her in and the doctor told me she has serum disease, which is basically an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, the worse reaction you can get. About a week ago she had double ear infections and has been on amoxiciilan. There was the culprit. The doctor told me that it would last anywhere between 4-14 days and the spots will keep getting bigger and her joints will ache like she has arthritis, so he gave me a prescription for a steroid and told me to get some benadryl. Although her ankles, wrists and knees are huge she seems to be doing okay for now. Thank goodness it was nothing really serious. I don't think I could handle anything huge right now. I love you S and get better soon!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh SiciBoo! Feel better soon. We love you:)

Rhiannon said...

That is not good. I am glad that she is getting better.